In 1316, William of Estavayer, canon of Lausanne cathedral and archdeacon of Lincoln, brought a community of Dominican nuns to Estavayer. They have remained there ever since. Today, some 15 nuns live in the convent. In the 15th century, the convent had a generous benefactor, Humbert of Savoy, who founded the construction of the burial chapel. He also covered the costs of rebuilding the church’s choir. Both feature his coat-of-arms. By the end of the 17th century the Dominican community had enough money of their own to have the convent rebuilt. This work began in 1686 and was completed in 1735.